twitstamp.com

Skin Talk ミ☆

Saturday, August 7, 2010

(^コ^)(^ン^)(^ニ^)(^チ^)(^ワ^)

Happy Saturday~!
This morning I slept in to the glorious hour of 12:00 pm, haha o(>▽<)o 
It was very much deserved though, especially since I woke up to THAT TIME & can barely get out of bed on the first day...

BUT ENOUGH T.M.I.!! (●´艸`)ヾ 

Today I wanna talk about SKIN~!
 Had to use a photo of the gorgeous Shizuka since I think she has absolutely amazing skin

Last Saturday, my bff & I went to this awesome spa for facials as a treat to our vacation. It was the perfect thing to do after our long & crazy day in the city, & we even got a bonus shoulders/feet massage along with it! 

Anyway, the facial included a skin consultation since the girls who do them are also dermatologists 
♪(*^ー゜)v(*^▽^*)*☆ガンバ☆♪
I happen to have THE WORST kind of skin (at least imho)~  super oily, prone to breakouts, & noticeable pores (´ω`。)
But I got some great tips from the girl at the spa that I thought I would share here, in case anyone reading also has this kind of skin!

SALICYLIC ACID IS YOUR FRIEND!
This was a big surprise to me, since I've heard that salicyclic acid dries out your skin & is bad for you if you use too many products that contain it. But according to her, this acid actually helps to keep pores tightened, & oily skin is less likely to get dried out from it than normal/already dry skin (obv, lol~)
USE A GEL-BASED MOISTURIZER.
Moisturizing, whether your skin is oily or not, is key to having healthy skin. But unfortunately for those of us with super oily skin, most moisturizers are too creamy & just lead to breakouts. I never knew before that there are gel-based moisturizers, like this one from Clinique, which is my personal favourite brand of skincare products.  This way, your skin still gets the moisture it needs without getting greasy! 
I also picked up this gel masque from the spa to use once a week to keep my skin fresh~
EXFOLIATE, EXFOLIATE, EXFOLIATE!
Believe it or not, this is the key to smaller, less noticeable pores
♪(*^ー゜)v(*^▽^*)*☆ガンバ☆♪
Using a cleanser with exfoliating beads & an exfoliating sponge will help keep your pores free of dirt & buildup, which in turn will make your pores appear less noticeable. It's the dirt & buildup that stretches out your pores, so the more it adds up & stretches your pores, the bigger they will look (´A`。)
Makes sense, no??
I picked up this mini exfoliating sponge from Sephora for 5$. The rubber pads exfoliate gently, so with an exfoliating cleanser, it won't be too harsh on my skin! 
After all, we do still need the essential oils that our skin naturally produces to keep a healthy look!
\(○^ω^○)/ 
Does anyone else have any good skincare tips or skincare product recommendations?
I always love hearing new things, especially when it comes to keeping my skin healthy & glowing!
☆⌒(*^-゚)ノ~♪see you again♪~ヾ(゚-^*)⌒☆

No comments:

Post a Comment