twitstamp.com

Back in the Day Pt 1

Wednesday, November 9, 2011


My super-sweet boss let me go home from work early today probably because she didn't want me sneezing & hacking all over the office, hahaha & I decided to use my time wisely by searching for retro J-magazine scans. You would not believe how incredibly stoked I was to find this livejournal that has all kinds of scans dating back to 2005 from practically all the major magazines. Especially since I've been wanting to talk about my absolute favourite old ViVi model, Jhelly ♥ ViVi was the first gal magazine I ever picked up & Jhelly was the first model I gravitated towards. She left the magazine back in 2006 I think, & I have searched the entire internet to try to find any updated information on her with no luck. She just resonated 'gal' so much to me with her sexy, somewhat tomboyish style & perfectly curled dyed hair. I still think she is one of the most gorgeous creatures to ever walk this earth.
 
These scans are from the October 2005 issue. It's so funny to look back on some of these items (like those ruched capri camo pants, no thank you ༼;´༎ຶ ۝ ༎ຶ༽), but the maxi knit, fur & bits of tribal accessories are actually very current. I also suspect we'll be seeing a return to the pointy-toed pumps/boots soon.

I'll probably finish up the week with some more classic ViVi though because it's just too much fun seeing an extra-young Jun, Lena & Chikako & remembering how amazing (& sometimes amazingly awful) early 2000's fashion was ༼ƪɷ∫༽
 
see you~

No comments:

Post a Comment