twitstamp.com

DIY w♥c Tiger T-Shirt

Sunday, August 15, 2010

☆Hey!ヽ('ー'#)/ Hello!☆
 
Before I start out with this actual post, I just wanted to give a HUGE THANK YOU to all of this blog's existing & new followers~!! ♪(゚▽^*)ノ⌒☆
 
Thanks to all of you, I have reached 130 followers, which has more than surpassed the original goal of 100! I am so grateful to everyone who reads this & is able to share some of the joy I have in posting on here. 
 
This blog will always be a personal thing for me, but it is really nice to have others who share my interests & just enjoy living my little life with me through here, haha  (人´∀`).☆.。.:*・ 
 
There will MOST DEFINITELY be a giveaway now & I have a pretty sweet theme for it, but let's save that for another time!
 
Right now I want to talk about my first-ever DIY project  \(○^ω^○)/
 
I've been wanting to DIY something for a while now, but since I scraped by with a B- in art class & always had the shittiest arts & crafts projects at summer camp I didn't really trust myself to try anything, haha (●´艸`)ヾ 
 
But after I happened across this photo from this cute w♥c staff-chan's crooz blog last night, I said to hell with my fears & went for it!
★'.・.LOVE~(^▽^(^▽^*)~LOVE.・.・:☆

I went by this tutorial on YouTube since it was the first one that popped up on my Google search & it turned out to be super-easy! The video is a little drawn out though, so I thought I would just break it down on my own for everyone here~
 STEP 1.  GRAB A T-SHIRT & A PAIR OF SCISSORS.
Yep, that's it(≧∇≦)ぶぁっはっはっ!!
 STEP 2. FOLD THE T-SHIRT IN HALF, MAKING SURE THE SLEEVES LINE UP.
This was probably the trickiest part, since this t-shirt is made of thick material that kept bunching while I was folding it, but it was still relatively easy!  
STEP 3.  WITH T-SHIRT FOLDED, CUT ABOUT AN INCH FROM THE SHOULDER SEAM.
Obviously this is the end product of this step~ I realise I should have taken a snap of my first cut to show it better, but I got carried away & just did it びゃははは (≧ω≦)b
 
You can also judge for yourself how wide you want the shoulders to be~ I used an inch for reference & because it provides the best off shoulder look imho. The cut also doesn't have to be perfect~ I've learned that the imperfections help make it unique! ♥

I will be honest & say I felt a bit sacrilegious seeing the w♥c tag cut off after this step, but I figure I can just sew it back on & it'll be good as new, haha!
♪(*^ー゜)v(*^▽^*)*☆
 & here's the finished product~~!! \(★´−`)人(´▽`★)/ 
 
Not too bad, no?
I hope I can try more DIY projects in the future since this was so easy & fun! & hopefully this has inspired you guys to give it a try too~
 
Enjoy the rest of the weekend~! ♥
 
☆⌒(*^-゚)ノ~♪see you again♪~ヾ(゚-^*)⌒☆

No comments:

Post a Comment