twitstamp.com

Latest Loves

Tuesday, December 20, 2011

e.l.f. All Over Color Stick in Golden Peach, Not Your Mother's Beach Babe Texturizing Sea Salt Spray

I've been meaning to do a semi-review of a few beauty products I'm slowly finding I can't live without but taking photos for beauty posts can be a bit tedious imho so... I decided to just group these 2 & call it a day.

Since I'm hoping to receive a couple of NARS Multiples under my Xmas tress this year, I decided to fulfill my want for one by trying out this e.l.f. dupe & use the opportunity to try out the brand too. e.l.f. or eyes lips face is a really affordable (seriously, like 1$ affordable) makeup brand that beauty bloggers seem to have a love/hate relationship with. Apparently some stuff is great & some is sh*t... luckily for me, this one is great ♥ Target only sells 2 of the All Over Color Stick shades (there are 6 total), so I went with Golden Peach, which some beauty blogs have compared to the NARS Multiple in South Beach. It's a gorgeous, shimmery light gold colour that's perfect for a light sun-kissed glow. Like the Multiple, it's supposed to be a versatile product you can also use on your eyes as a primer/highlighter or on your lips but the texture is too dry for lips imo. I really only use it as a cheek colour/highlighter across my cheekbones for a subtle shimmer. Perfection. & for 1$, you can't go wrong.

Not Your Mother's is a hair care brand I randomly came across while flipping through a magazine while standing in line at the store one day.  Again, I used the opportunity to try out the brand before committing to spending 23$ on Bumble and bumble's Surf Spray. This one cost me all of 5$ at Walmart. & I love it. From the slightly coconut-y, beachy scent to the literal spray bottle shape. I use this practically every day to maintain/add texture all day long to the waves from my Herstyler iron. I even use it occasionally on just the ends when I wear my hair straight to add some interesting texture & shape. A big plus for this product too is that while it lasts all day long, it doesn't leave my hair feeling crunchy or dirty. You know, like normal sea salt spray from a day at the beach would.

see you~

No comments:

Post a Comment