twitstamp.com

Clean House

Sunday, October 31, 2010

I'm not sure if it's because I'm reaching a new phase in my life or just plain old finally maturing (haha), but I feel the need to...

sim·pli·fy [sim-pluh-fahy]
verb (used with object), -fied, -fy·ing.
to make less complex or complicated; make plainer or easier: to simplify a problem. 

We've all heard the saying 'less is more', but I think I'm finally starting to see the beauty in that for myself.  

Whether it means only putting on mascara as opposed to full-out make or just spending the day reading in bed instead of traipsing out & about, I find myself choosing the simpler option more & more lately.

& naturally, I'm finding myself drawn to a cleaner silhouette in fashion~
From Alexander Wang's T by Alexander Wang Fall 2010 Lookbook 

Don't get me wrong~ I still love details & colour & patterns, but lately I feel they are better suited in smaller quantities.

Ex-Vivi (still can't believe it, buu (´ω`。)) model Jun Hasegawa is a perfect example of the kind of 'clean fashion' I'm loving currently~
I love how the small details~ the snake-print bag & the scoop back on the tee in the central outfit, the maxi vest in the smaller outfit on the right, & the shoes in the outfit on the upper left~ are what keep these codes from being just boring casual outfits.

This is effortless dressing at its best & something I can't wait to try for myself ♥ 

& now I need to put together my 'costume' for my role as candy giver tonight, haha (o_ _)ノ彡☆


see you~

No comments:

Post a Comment