twitstamp.com

CANDY GIRL 2011

Friday, September 30, 2011


This is probably only exciting news if a) you're a JPop fan, b) you're a fan of gal & gal fashion, or c) all of the above. I happen to be of the Option C group, so I'm incredibly stoked to announce the ultra-fabulous collaboration between JPop/electronica artist mini & one of my favourite gal brands (that I really need to blog more about) GYDA ( ´艸`)

First of all, if you haven't heard of mini you should definitely look her up. She debuted in March 2010 with the single Are U Ready? which got her some comparisons to Lady Gaga, but she quickly followed up with her second single GiRLS SPiRiT which solidified her as a gal artist in the vein of Kana Nishino & Sifow aka Shiho Fujita. You can even recognise a few gal models in the video for GiRLS SPiRiT too.

mini's latest single is CANDY GIRL 2011, a cover of the 1995 single of the same title by one of my personal favourite JPop artists, hitomi, & one of my own personal favourite songs. She is using the release of this single to introduce her collaboration with GYDA, which I'm sure is a plot to boost sales & one I'm almost positive is going to work haha ༼✷ɷ✷༽

mini recently posted some photos on her blog which I pulled to share~


All of the costumes & designs for the promotional video were made by GYDA. The tee is a special collaboration item that was designed by mini & new GYDA designer Akane Suda (おめでとうございます, Akane! ʕʘ̅͜ʘ̅ʔ❤), as well as the pink studded pumps mini wears in the video & promotional shots.

& just because everyone needs to hear the song & see the fabulous costume design, here is the preview of the video which should be releasing a full version sometime soon!


see you~

No comments:

Post a Comment