twitstamp.com

NYLON Japan x Asian Girls Snap

Saturday, September 24, 2011

 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

My absolute favourite part of Japanese fashion magazines is definitely the street snaps section. So naturally I had to share this feature in the September issue of NYLON Japan that shows snaps from 5 major Asian cities (Tokyo, Seoul, Shanghai, Hong Kong & Taiwan) & breaks down the 3 central trends in each. 

My personal favourites are Seoul & Hong Kong ♥ Korean ladies in general just seem to have such an effortless, cool sense of style~ I really do believe the mode-kei trend in Japanese fashion stems from Korean fashion. I think you can see it here especially in the breakdown of the central trends~ loose tops, monotone coordinate & black shoes, which are all still staples of traditional mode-kei. Hong Kong is definitely channeling major 'blogger style' & gotta love the Jeffrey Campbell shout-out ♥ Found tons of inspiration in this feature though~ I wish Western magazines would do this more/at all too!

see you~

No comments:

Post a Comment